|May 26, 2001 - Boss started shipping their new entry to real-time looping in May of 2001. Those of you who have an RC-20, we would love to hear what you think! Reviews, tips, etc., send it on in!
Looper's Delight Review #1 of the Boss RC-20 - by Bruce Satinover
Looper's Delight Review #2 of the Boss RC-20 - by Mark Woodford
Looper's Delight Review #3 of the Boss RC-20 - by Tim Helmen
Looper's Delight Review #4 of the Boss RC-20 - by Bill Walker
RC-20 commentary from the Looper's Delight Mailing List Archive
RC-20 User's Comments at Harmony Central
Boss RC-20 Press Release
Boss RC-20 product data sheet pdf
Search Usenet for Boss RC-20 Posts
Boss RC-20 Home Page
Boss RC-20 manual (pdf)
Boss RC-20 manual (word file) - thanks to Goddess for doing a quick scan and OCR. Parts of the scan didn't OCR very well, but it's clear enough to understand.
- Realtime Tempo Change
- Phrase Recording/Sampling pedal designed for performers who want to create and play back loops during live performances
- Guide Click and Loop Quantize functions for quick, "easy creation of perfect loops using footpedals"
- Realtime Tempo Change function allows for changing recorded samples' tempo without changing pitch
- Overdub function allows for creation of "sound-on-sound" loops
- Stores up to 10 looped phrases and 1 "one-shot" phrase, even after power-off
- 5 minutes 30 seconds total sampling time
- Mic input, Instrument input and Auxiliary input for sampling vocals or pre-recorded audioeven simultaneously
- Auto Start begins sampling automatically with incoming audio
- Reverse function creates reverse sample playback on the fly